Sunday, July 23, 2006

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell 7-25-06

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell 7-25-06
I do not know about you- but where is the summer going? I have had a busy week just like the rest of you. I know that the Chili Peppers were on duty. I was honored to be asked to emcee the Mini Relay for Life at the Heritage Park, Saturday evening. The Chili Peppers were serving ice cream sundaes along with organizing the Relay. That is an enormous responsibility to under take. I hope that they do it next year and that more people come out to see just what they are all about. The thing is - Cancer is no respecter of person- it can rear its ugly head and affect anyone and their families.
I am not sure everyone is aware of all the work these gals do. It is not just the ladies - they include their husbands and families to help them accomplish their mission. They put a lot of hard work on making and selling over 250 luminaries. The luminaries are just a small part of what they do to raise money for the American Cancer Society. These 12 ladies have been very diligent in their quest to help stamp out Cancer. I do know that if you hear that The Chili Peppers are serving a meal or concessions or whatever- it will be done in the best possible way. It could very well be the some of the very best cooks in the county that are involved.
This weekend we got to meet Jims great Aunt Dorothy Smart (not just everyone can say that they have a Smart side). We did not have a lot of information on Jim’s side of the family. She has a wealth of stories and history on Jim’s grandmother’s side. Jims Uncle Larry and Aunt Pasty Blundell brought her out to our home. They were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary by taking a vacation to Nashville, Tenn. They stopped at our home going and coming back.
We have completed the deck construction. I need to paint or stain the railing yet, but we got to enjoy it with the family. I think that the deck was a great idea. The dogs just love it in the late mornings and afternoon they get under it and in the evenings they stretch out on top of it.
One young lady told me that it is a good idea to seal off the underneath part as they had armadillos living under theirs. So we might need to do that.
Now I am going to have to paint the trim of the house now. It is just one thing after another.
I thought that I would leave you with this one thought- Aunt Patsy brought me a little sign to hang in my house that read- A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel. Does she know us or what?

No comments: