Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell 7-4-06

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell 7-4-06
This week I am getting all decked out. I have been wanting a deck since we built our home over ten years ago. I decided that it was time so I got on the internet and looked at a deck or two. We decided what kind of deck that we wanted and so we started to make out plans. I did not trust Jims drawings and Jim did not think I ideas were quite right - I called Home Lumber- and Mike saved the day- maybe even my marriage or possibly kept one of us from homicidal actions. Since Jim has the lumber from the old Grade School we are gong to put it to use. We looked at some plans for a deck and in big letters it said buy on Friday - build on Saturday - enjoy on Sunday. Well- that was a bold face lie. I was hoping to have it completed by the 4th but did not happen, but it should be done by the 7th. I am anxious to see what it will look like.
We had a great 4th of July. We had family and friends over for the evening. Jim and Jeff had gotten fireworks for the night show. The fireworks were pretty and it makes you wonder how any one thought to make a roman candle or any type of firework for that matter. I am guessing that it happened by accident. I can imagine that someone had some gunpowder and whatever else it takes and very nearly blew something up and it ended up becoming what we now call fireworks. This is one holiday that my sister does not come home for. She had too many incidents with firecrackers and she prefers to stay at home where she is safe and sound. In fact, she lives in a National Forest and no fireworks of any kind are allowed which makes her happy. Towards the end of our fireworks display we noticed that God was having one of his own. When lightening lit up the sky it made our fireworks look puny. It was nice to be reminded that He is still in control.

No comments: