Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell Nov. 21, 06

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell Nov. 21, 06
You know what? Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. I hope you are ready- I am getting in the mind set. However, it seems to be difficult since all of the stores have forgotten Thanksgiving and jumped ahead to Christmas. The reasoning must be that we have not commercialized Thanksgiving as we have Christmas; maybe we ought to be thankful of that. Turkey day is a wonderful day to get with all of those that we love and remember all of the happy times in your life. Maybe even write a letter to someone who has made a difference in your life. It is never too late to let someone know that they are important to you. We have many people in the community who do so much for so many.
I am excited that my sister’s family and my brother’s family will be here. I get to have Vickie and Randy’s family at my house along with Lori and Roy Claycamp. My house will be full of lots of fun and entertainment. Vickie’s little grandson, Michael Ethan, is a very busy little boy. He will add some excitement. Virgil and Karen’s family entire will get to be with us.Virgil and Karen have two grandchildren and they will both be here as well, so I will be blessed this year.
Jennifer is planning to go shopping on Black Friday- you know- that Friday after Thanksgiving. I have absolutely no interest in going. I love to shop but in a mob of busy, pushing, people with no parking spaces except for the ones that are a half a mile away. In addition, the stores put on the sales that you just cannot say no to. It just exhausts me to think about it. So to all of you brave souls who are going out in the cold, cruel world on Friday- I send to you good luck and safe driving.
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your friends and family.

No comments: