Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell Jan. 2, 07

I hope that you started the New Year out better than I did. I ended the year with an auction, as you probably know that I love to go to sales. It was a lot of fun but somewhere in the process I ended up with the flu. I can not believe that you can feel so horrible and still survive. I think that I would have had to get better before I could die. But it did not last long - thank goodness.
This is the time of year for new beginnings and start overs. From the television commercials diets and work out routines are the thing. I have found what I think might be a great diet. When I was in New Mexico the guides were telling the clients about not drinking the water. The two guides were out scouting for wildlife as usual they went farther and they ran out of water. They were so dry that they found some water and they filled their canteens. They felt fine, finished their scouting and went home. After they had been home for a while they started to loose weight. They were not feeling up to par so they went to the doctor and found out that they had a parasite living in their innards. The parasite is one that is found in tainted water.
So I figure that if I would bottle up some of that water and sell it. So you have a small little bug living in you for a while- but when you get to your desired weight I can sell you the antidote to kill the parasite. As everything else there could be side affects - such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps. This sounds really awful but it makes almost as much sense as some of the commercials I have seen and some of the diet pills I have tried with some of the same side affects.
Maybe the best New Years Resolution is found in the Bible “temperance in ALL things”.

No comments: