Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 4, 2009

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell
I feel that I must keep you informed on my cleaning process- we are still working on our garage- but there is a definite light at the end of the tunnel. Jim fixed the door so it will work the way it is suppose too. I can actually walk through the garage without worrying if there is a hidden critter somewhere- it would not be impossible if there was a critter but now he does not have thing to hide behind. I have promised myself that I will never let anything get in this kind of condition again- but I think that I am, more than likely lying to myself. Anyway- things are looking up and now all I have to do is to start on my closets- Oh boy, I think I might ought to rest up.
Coldwater certainly had a bang up 125th birthday celebration. I would like to thank all of those who worked so hard to pull off the event. I know that there was a lot of planning and sweat involved in the preparation of this past weekend. I love parades- the problem I have is that I like everything from hooves to wheels- That is why I have so many “wonderful’ things at my house and have problems with parting with some of my ‘treasures’. When I see Dennis Swayze and his team of horses, I am always wishing that I could have a team and a wagon. Midge Herd looked like she was having fun in his wagon. I was proud to say that I knew Emily Westrup Reif. We were in school together and were neighbors as well. I thought that she had out done herself with her team of Clydesdales. I do not know if I have ever seen a more massive amount of horseflesh on four hooves. They were absolutely beautiful. I did not get to visit with her after the parade as I was working at the chicken noodle dinner at the church. But I wanted to tell her that she was awesome. I loved the Viper car, too. I would have liked to look at it a little more. The kids pedaling on bikes and riding various things was entertaining. Thank you, Coldwater, you did yourself proud.

No comments: