Tuesday, August 11, 2009

May 12, 2009

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell For the college students it is a hectic time. Jennifer is in the process of taking her finals for this semester. She is a good student and she takes her grades extremely serious. She has been studying only to get the worst flu she has ever had to endure. I am not the kind of mother who never got sick and cared for her children with lots of patience and kindness while they were rolling around in their feverish sheets. I am the one who gets ill right along with them and is a little irritated that I have been unconvinced. I know that is not the way it should be- Jim on the other hand rarely gets a bug and he is a good care provider. Jennifer was telling me of her symptoms and I think she gave her germ over the phone- Is that possible? Dad swore that is was not only possible but probable. When Dad got a bug, he could not rest until he found the source and confronted him or her. It was always his germ infested children. And it was not only our fault; it was the schools as well, since that is where we were infected. When Dad was sick he was the worst one of us. I think now I could give him a run for his money- I think that I can moan and groan just as loud and often as he could. We all have our goals that we reach for - I guess somewhere in my sub-conscious I want to be able to moan and groan with the best of them.
A good mother would run to Hays and get Jennifer on the mend by helping her out- and I would do that- but I do not want what she has if I already do not have it now.
I have lots of other things going on- we the 100th anniversary of our church coming up on May 24th. Not that this is more important than my daughters health- but Giz is laid up, too. He had some knee surgery this past week - he is doing very well. It seems that when one thing happens you can bet everything else will fall apart at the same time.

No comments: