Tuesday, August 11, 2009

July 21, 2009

Country Gal by Vanita Blundell
This summer is going by way too fast. At the beginning of each summer I set a couple of goals that I would like to accomplish before school starts the fall semester. But usually the summer never goes the way I planned and this year has not been any different. The first thing on my list is to get the old house torn down. I think that the old house will out last me. I thought that I would ride horseback this summer and I have not had a chance all summer to ride. But what I have had this summer is company. We have had somebody in our home for the last 2 months. We have not been home alone very much. We have enjoyed the visitors- right now we are in a lull- but we think that there will be some family coming in a couple of weeks.
Come Home Coldwater will be here before we know it. I am looking forward to the festivities. The worst thing putting on a celebration is that those who have worked so hard to pull off the event- is they do not get the enjoy everything as they are busy with the details. Our church is doing the Chicken Noodle lunch on Saturday so we have been busy making noodles. I have just completed what I said I would make- I look like the ‘Pillsbury dough girl’. I have flour all over my kitchen- I had a fan going to keep me cool, but it also blew the flour everywhere. Flour on a tile floor can make it slick, then if any moisture gets on it, it becomes sticky- So I have cleaned and mopped floors and wiped off cabinets and everything else in the kitchen. But since we will be cooking Saturday morning there will be some of us that will not be able to see the parade. I have heard good things about the parade and those that will be participating. Everyone loves a good parade. I have also heard that there are many class reunions going on as well - so it sounds like there will be lots of activity going on in town. When I think of getting busy and trying to get things prepared for an eventful weekend reminds me of Dad- Many things reminds me of Dad but once when Vickie and I were planning on cleaning out Moms lily pond- which was not a pleasant task but an important one. Dad really did not want us to work on the pond, I think that he just wanted us to stay inside and visit with him. Vickie and I get along well, but for some reason Dad thought that this was going to cause trouble. So he sat the two of us down and said, “Now listen here, if you think you have to clean out that lily pond I just want you, two girls, to remember this one word, Attitude. Now you need to keep a good attitude.” Vickie and I looked at each other and just laughed- So all day when we were getting really tired we remembered our attitude. This might be a good thought for everyone that is working so hard to make this a wonderful celebration, and it will be a great time-Maybe when we get tired and cranky and we will get tired and cranky that we remember this one word --ATTITUDE.

No comments: